IMPORTANT Deadline to Declare for Wrestling is October 4th, 2013 for the 2013 – 2014 wrestling season!
The page you were looking for could not be found.
Check the URL for errors.
Coaches and Athletic Directors, the deadline to declare for the sport of wrestling for the 2013 – 2014 season is October 4th, 2013. If you have any questions about declaring for wrestling please contact the Arkansas Activities Association at (501) 955-2500 or visit http://www.ahsaa.org/page/1/aaa for full contact information.
For more information on these topics and more visit the National Wrestling Coaches Association at http://www.nwcaonline.com.
The wrestling season begins on November 18th, 2013 for 2013 – 2014 and ends after the state champions are named.
Weight Assessment Guidelines: There are two components to assessment: hydration testing and body fat testing. Wrestlers must be assessed before wrestling their first match of the season. At this time the cost of assessment is $7.00 per wrestler. For a current list of assessors click and print the List of Assessors.
Assessments can begin on October 26th each year and there are two components to assessing: body fat testing and hydration testing. It is important to understand each wrestler must be assessed the lowest weight they are able to wrestle at for the coming year before they wrestle their first match. Wrestlers cannot go below a weight assessed. Just like wrestlers must weigh in at 106.0 pounds or less to wrestle 106 they must also be assessed at 106.0 pounds or less in order to wrestle at that weight at some point during the year. The safest way to make sure wrestlers are assessed at the weight you want them to be throughout the year is to have them make their actual weight at the time of the assessment while passing the hydration test. Kristi Mann at email@example.com or Mark Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org can be contacted for questions regarding assessments.
All coaches will have to produce a master assessment of their team and an individual weight sheet for athletes this year before any dual or tournament to ensure all wrestlers have been assessed and so wrestlers are in the proper weight class. Wrestlers who come out late for the season must go through this testing by February 1st, in order to meet eligibility for the state tournament. If you have not passed your hydration and body fat test by February 1st, you will not be eligible to wrestle in the High School State Wrestling Tournament. At this time the cost for assessment per wrestler is $7.00.
For a current list of assessors click and print the List of Assessors.
Coaches: Having Problems Logging in to the OPC?
- Your login ID always begins with the first two letters the abbreviation for your state followed by a set of numbers. Example: If you are in Pennsylvania, your login begins with PA followed by three numbers for, PA001.
- In all states but Alabama, your initial password into the OPC system is the same as your school login ID. Example: If your school login ID is PA001, your initial password is also PA001.
- Please be careful not to confuse the school password with the coach’s password. The school password is used by the assessor to enter your assessment data. This password is a combination of letters and numbers. Remember, your initial password is the same as your login ID.
- After initially logging into the system, you will be asked to change your password. Please remember to write this password down.
- If you forgot your password, please enter your login ID in the password reminder field box and your password will be sent to you.